11 February 2007

North Pond Loader's 5 mins of Fame.

We have all had a busy couple of weeks. I started some training for Public Health which means I have been working full time hours this last week. It is really great but also means that other things get left on the back burners for a while. The training is really interesting and involves a lot of new information for me. I will be working with a completely different population from which I am used too. Exciting stuff! I found out that I am gonna be an Auntie which is fabulous news. The Best News really. We are planning a trip home for Christmas to see the new arrival to the family. At the end of this week we were asked by a friend to be interviewed by the local TV channel to promote there gym and talk about Physical Fitness. Initially I thought we weren't the best choice really because come on I am not exactly the ideal image of physical fitness but we agreed. There theme was families who are physically active together. I guess we fit that image. We were interviewed on Thursday at the gym and she took a lot of footage of us climbing together. It was very nerve racking being interviewed as we were not sure what to say but I think we came off OK. Hope so it is due to air on Living Nfld on CBC next Tuesday. Here is the link http://www.cbc.ca/livingnl/

4 comments:

Sue Loader, Stewarts Garden Designer said...

What exciting news! It will be great to see you at Xmas, and I am looking forward to seeing the news item about you.

Richard Loader said...

Great news about Christmas!
Which Tuesday is/was the climbing item? I watched the one that was on last night and it was from Holyrood library - have I missed the clip or has it not been aried yet - don't want to miss it!

mdl118 said...

The item is set to air on the 2nd of March. Hopefully it will not be too embarrassing. It was fun but quite tiring filming it.

Richard Loader said...

Thanks Michelle - we're looking forward to it, I'm sure it will be fine - just wish I knew how to record those clips.