24 March 2007

Early Signs of Spring


Well as everyone know we put our clocks forward 3 weeks earlier then normal. I am not sure if it has made much of a difference and saved us any money. The First day of spring was a few days ago. I don't know what it is like where you are but it really doesn't feel like Spring here. It has been cold and we've had several snow showers. Not at all my idea of Spring growing up in Southern England. So... I went outside into our garden and put up a new bird feeder. I know you are asking yourselves what is the connection. Well I thought to myself if it is now spring and the birds are returning from down South they should have something to return home for! There are a few juncos feeding at it most days now. Hopefully they will stick around and use the nesting box we have in the tree. The return of the birds makes me think that spring is really just around the corner. While out in the garden putting up this new feeder I discovered poking out of the ground(Well der well else would they be poking out of) some Crocuses and Tulip that we planted last Autumn. It amazes me that they can survive the Winter. It helps me think that shopping for and sowing seeds when there is so much snow around is not nuts after all and that warmer days are truly just around the corner.

1 comment:

Richard Loader said...

Considering all the snow you had the signs of spring are well on the way!
Lovely to see them, I always enjoy seeing the photos of the garden and how things are coming along.
Cheers
Richard