20 May 2007

May 24th Cont.....

We ended up having a BBQ on my newly acquired BBQ. It worked really well. We ate outside on the ground picnic style. There were a few bitey flies around but not too bad. It was really warm and slightly cloudy. I caught the sun a little which I didn't expect. After the BBQ our Neighbours lit a fire in their pit. It was a really clear night, still warm from the day and the flies were all gone. It was an excellent evening. I think it was better then being at a campsite because we had more space in the backyard, no obnoxious Irish music until 3am (only Lewie's choice of Music) and the kids could run around and make as much noise as they wanted playing spotlight and tag as everyone in the neighbourhood were either at our fire pit or down the road a little at Burt's or gone out of town. All in all a good night. S'mores, Toasted Marshmallows, various slushy drinks and a bottle of wine later the best part was that I got to sleep in my new bed and not walk miles to an outhouse.

No comments: