25 July 2007

Woodpeckers

So I popped Home from work this morning to bring in Lewie's Paper's. I thought it was going to rain and they often just deliver them in a bundle without any protective bag or anything. I went down the driveway and was totally focused on the papers. I turned around and spotted these little guys in the hanging flower basket. I think they are babies and learning how to peck. They look a bit fluffy. They were pecking at the wood in the basket. Not sure what they found to eat but the image of them both together pecking at the basket was spectacular. Unfortunately I have not quite been able to catch that image as they moved away to the tree. One did return but the other one did not join him again. This year has been a wonderful treat for wildlife in the garden. By the Way this is Tom's Hanging Basket Design he made it using left over bits of wood and string. Quite a Cunning Idea, and yet so simple!!!!

1 comment:

Richard Loader said...

What a treat Michelle!
You did well to get close enough for photos like that. So it's not just Tom that get's amazing wildlife close to his room. The hanging basket looks good, your tender care is paying off.
Cheers
Richard