7 January 2007

But What if..........

Ok, Thing is as a Nurse people look to you to have all the answers to all the questions, when in fact there are some subjects we know as little about as the general public. Yes we have studied it all in school and learned all the theories of how things should work but reality often strikes and these ideals are far from what is real. One of the hardest things I struggle with is biting my tongue. Now if you know me at all you would say that is not true. This is a very confident women who is very outspoken, tactless and says exactly what is on her mind. Thing is this is not always true. Especially where family is concerned. Why is it the people we love the most are often the hardest to tell exactly what you think too. I mean intuitively you would think these people are the easiest to talk to as they love you and will continue doing so. But What if.......... These self doubts are where the reality and ideals collide. Recently I held my tongue when I really should have stood up and said something. I rationalise to myself saying it preserves family harmony and unity. But my Question is what does it cost us in our families and relationships to constantly hold our tongue and not say what is on our minds.??? How does it impact our future generations of relationships. Granted not all relationship need to be completely open and do not thrive on such honesty. Can the conclusion: As long as you know what kind of relationship you are in, there is no harm in holding your tongue ring true?

1 comment:

Tom said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I can see your blog is going to be one of those blogs that require me to read and maybe even think a bit, Not a bad thing realy. I look foward to reading more of your ponderings.

Keep pushing the button!