6 January 2007

Downtown St John's

Ok, So Today was a Miserable, Wet Grey Day in St John's. We have a lot of these but not so many in January. It was 6 Degrees C. It seems unusual for this time of year as we have no snow. I guess global warming is a global thing not just in some areas. My Brother went skiing after Christmas, I hope he had some snow because a lot of the resorts over on his side of the pond in Europe were struggling to get enough snow. We, the Inlaws, Tom, Lewie and Me went to the Rooms. The Rooms is a giant building with an Art Gallery, Museum and Archieves here in St John's. It was really sweet because they had an exhibit of the House of Wooden Santas. This is a kids Christmas book written by Kevin Major. It is a really nice story enjoyed by kids of all ages. I especially like Thinking Santa. Anyways I am distracted, Yes the Rooms. It was hot and stuffy in there and we needed no excuse to go outside onto the balconys. The view is spectacular. St John's is a truely beautiful city, even on a grey day. I took this picture of the houses downtown looking West. I particularly like the colours of the houses. It looks as though St John's is a really heavy populated city. Which it is isn't compared to most capital cities. I also like the triangle effect of the houses.

No comments: