18 January 2007

Patchwork Quilt


Update from Last Blog.
I had managed to go through all my clothes and decided that some were pretty old and falling apart in desperate need of throwing away. They were certainly taking up too much space in my room. I had them bagged up and the bag sat in my dining room all week. Wednesday night I asked my Husband to put out the Rubbish for me as the Rubbish Collectors come on Thursday. It was too cold outside (-16c) and I really didn't want to go outside. He unfortunately spotted the fat heavy green bag, that had been sitting in the dining room all week and asked how come there was so much rubbish. I told him how I was throwing away some clothes!. He looked at me with those sad eyes and asked if he could go through the bag to see if there was any clothes that could be made into rags. I should have known what would follow!!!!
We now have the makings of a patchwork quilt on the floor in our living room.
Stay tuned for the results.

1 comment:

Sue Loader, Stewarts Garden Designer said...

Must be the time of year...I have been having a clear out too, with an eye to making a rag rug! I was inspired by the display at the Rooms. I have plenty of sacks that arrived in UK full 0f coffee beans so are free and recycled, So the rug will be totally recycled and true to the traditional frugal domestic wisdom that are ancestors were so good at.