13 January 2007

Waiting to Work.


It is funny really. I spent most of the week waiting for my work to call me. I finally got a call to work on Friday and the weekend. Which wasn't the best way to work but what can you do. I spent the whole of last week organising and sorting out stuff and have come to the conclusion that I am a Pack Rat. My Husband cannot criticise me because he is just as bad as I am. We tend to keep a whole pile of stuff that May come in handy one day, only Our house is not big enough for all the accumulation of stuff. We are literally outgrowing our house. It made me think is this interesting phenomena an inherited thing??. You see my Mum is just as bad, if not slightly worse then I am. She keeps a whole manner of stuff, it just looks like more as she has had more years to accumulate stuff. She, unlike me, is married to a man who likes to have his house organised. He unfortunately doesn't get to have it this way very often!. I felt I was doing really well sorting out stuff, organising them into boxes, Chucking stuff out. Only now I have boxes of stuff that I know we will not need but we cannot throw out "Just in case". I have to try and store these boxes somewhere. It makes me think where does this need to keep so much stuff come from. I mean we don't really need 5 years worth of electric, phone and visa bills, but why do we keep them. What is the rationale behind it. Why is it so hard to simply throw stuff away, or give it to those people in need of it????

1 comment:

jlo said...

I just spent the day sorting out a load of old stuff in the sheds at FHF, Toms old Quest and Owl magazines! These are all boxed up safely and in a cleaner shed now, so he'd better read them one day!!! I think im missing the hoarder gene though as i threw all my old useless stuff out